Why Local Food?
Great Reasons to Buy Local Food!
- Local food should be fresher and healthier because it’s less likely to contain preservatives, or be processed
- Local food should use less packaging as it won’t have to be transported for many miles
- Local food should be better value, especially if you buy in season
- Buying local keeps money in the local economy by supporting all parts of the supply chain
- Buying local supports our farmers and growers which helps protect the special environment and landscape of the Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland and other surrounding areas
- Local food supplies won’t be so directly affected by worldwide events beyond our control
- Fewer food miles is good news for the long term sustainability of our planet